Frequently Asked Questions
All prices, unless otherwise noted, include MA tax and domestic USA shipping costs.
What is your shipping Policy?
Machalarts will ship only to the United States. No other International shipping is available at this time.
- Machalarts will ship each unframed original cornered to a foam-core backing. The painting will be removable from the backing. Shipping flat (not rolled) will be the standard. Each item is a different size and requires different protective packaging. - Items will ship ground or standard mail. Any special circumstances "next day or sooner" please contact Machalarts.
- Confirmations on the progress of shipping the order are sent asap upon receiving.
What is your Policy on Returns/Exchanges/Refunds?
Machalarts will not be responsible for any loss or damages made by the shipper, but please feel free to contact me should an item be dramatically damaged. I will be happy to do what I can to fix the problem.
- Each original is an original and reproductions are limited. Please contact me if you have any questions.
- If your shipping address is in MA or RI Originals might get a hand delivery.
- Open Edition Prints are usually shipped via mail.
- There is a five day preview period for Original Art and Limited Edition Prints only. Returns must be postmarked within your five day preview to receive a full refund (less shipping and less the $100 preliminary fee) – Artwork must be received in the same new condition, including documentation of authenticity. Please keep the box if you plan on returning and send back in that box or a refund will not be permitted.
Original Commission Policy: Commission terms are agreed to in a signed agreement. Free Initial 30 minute consultations are available to disguss if a commission is right for you.
Open Edition Prints: Once ordered through a third party printer, products are subject to the printing company's processing times and shipping policies.
Local Pick-Up: Shipping costs will be removed from the total price for original buyers who choose to pick up their orders locally. Dates, times, and locations will be scheduled at Machalarts discretion. Failure to meet at the agreed upon date and time may result in a cancellation of your order and refunded payment minus a 20% inconvenience fee. Cancellations and refunds are at my discretion.
All shipping policies are liable to change without notice.
Materials and Suggestions:
Most of the original watercolors are done with Aqvarelle Arches 140lb. paper. Aquarelle Arches is acid-free and chlorine free made of 100% cotton fibers, which confer strength and stability. Arches is mold made is available in three flawless textures: cold pressed, hot pressed and rough. As the paper is tub-sized in natural gelatin and air dried, it can take scrubbing, scratching and erasing while keeping the original intensity of the watercolor. Arches uses no optical brighteners and, therefore, its natural white color will not yellow with age. Archival value is ensured.
Please consider getting each original professionally framed. Unless I have framed it for you. Some pieces are framed as the picture shows it.
It is recommended to use acid free backing when framing.
I will sign each original or Limited Edition Print
Machalarts mark on the digital image is not on the original painting ordered.
NOTE ABOUT COLOR: Colors of scanned originals will vary from computer monitor to monitor. What you see on your screen may be slightly different than the original painting or print.
© 2021 Hollis Machala
The copyright does not transfer with any sale.
Reproduction or web image using only with written permission by the artist.
How can I keep up with your new work?
Please join my newsletter for all the latest updates. https://www.machalarts.com/newsletter-sign-up
Follow me on Facebook at www.facebook.com/groups/machalarts